>Home>Company>Industry Events>2009 XML Workshop
2009 XML Workshop – Simplifying Data Integration Chaos
**REGISTRATION IS CLOSED**
For more event information, please click here.
Data intensive services, such as automated clearinghouses and customer onboarding solutions, are essential to everyday operational success. These and other core applications deal with a variety of disparate data formats – EDI, XML, relational, and proprietary data - and the effective integration of disparate data sources has profound implications for business success and bottom line performance. DataDirect’s Data Integration Suite provides substantial return on investment gains for automated clearinghouses, third party administrators, document management services providers and other types of administrative services outsourcing companies that serve a variety of transaction-intensive industries such as healthcare, financial services, and insurance.
This workshop introduces an innovative data integration approach that leverages the inherent power and flexibility of XML and XQuery. Based on a typical scenario where a hypothetical IT organization needs to interact with a variety of data sources to process business-critical data, the workshop covers:
- Creating applications that deal with different versions and formats of EDI messages
- Transforming EDI messages or XML documents into user-defined formats
- Augmenting information in incoming EDI or XML messages with data available in relational databases or Web services
- Exposing message cleansing operations as data services
- Outputting data in industry standard EDI formats
During this hands-on workshop we will be writing, testing and deploying a real XML and XQuery-based solution live in front of the audience.