>Home>Company>Industry Events>XML 2007
XML 2007 Conference
XML 2007 is the world’s largest and longest-running conference devoted to XML and other open data and document technologies. The theme for 2007 is XML in Practice, focusing on the lessons learned from implementing XML in production-grade systems.
Marriott Copley Place
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
3-5 December 2007
Agenda for Tuesday, December 4, 2007
8:15 AM to 8:45 AM
- XML - Success in Victory Lane
- Speaker: Carlo Innocenti
- Location: Wellesley Room
- Breakfast: hosted by DataDirect Technologies
New to XQuery? Join DataDirect for breakfast to learn about the power of this new XML language and to compete with your fellow attendees for some great prizes. Plus, the First 100 attendees at breakfast get a free T-shirt!! Enjoy life in the technology fast lane!
XQuery offers great promise to enterprise IT architects and developers. Breakfast attendees will learn the basics of XQuery, some easy-to-implement tricks of the trade, and how to quickly get to Victory Lane with your XML projects.
There will be no PowerPoint presentation while you eat. Instead, attendees will compete against one another by answering basic and intermediate XML and XQuery questions.
You’ll learn things in an interesting way, and you may even walk away with a great prize! We’ll be presenting iPods to four lucky attendees, so make sure to join us and bring your appetite – for a great breakfast and some XQuery knowledge!
Enjoy life in the technology fast lane with DataDirect and XQuery!
- Using XQuery and XSLT on Non-XML Data
- Speaker: Tony Lavinio
- Location: Suffolk Room
- Tony will show how to use a specialized URIResolver to allow standard XSLT and XQuery engines to process data that is in formats other than XML, such as EDI, CSV, or xBase. Examples and code will be included.
Agenda for Wednesday, December 5, 2007
XQuery Tutorials: XQuery Racing - Behind the Wheel
1:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Speaker: Carlo Innocenti
Location: Simmons Room
- Qualifying to Race - An Introduction to XQuery
- 1:00 PM to 1:50 PM
- An introduction to the language with practical examples about how to query, transform and aggregate XML documents using XQuery
- Setting the Pace - XQuery and Relational Databases
- 2:00 PM to 2:50 PM
- How do I use XQuery to access my relational data and join it with other XML data? How do I update relational databases from XQuery?
- Taking the Lead – XQuery, SOA and Web Services
- 3:00 PM to 3:50 PM
- How can I consume Web services from XQuery and how do I expose Data Services based on XQuery through Web services?
- The Winner’s Circle – XQuery and XML Industry Standards
- 4:00 PM to 4:50 PM
- How can XQuery help me deal with XML industry standards, for example ACORD for insurance?
For more information about the XML 2007 Conference and Exposition, please visit: http://2007.xmlconference.org/public/content/home