>Home>Products>DataDirect XQuery>Compare XQuery
Comparative Benchmarks: Compare XQuery
To realize the benefits of DataDirect XQuery, you must understand the differences between DataDirect XQuery and Oracle’s implementation; you must compare the features of XQuery and Oracle.
Both DataDirect and Oracle offer a solution for users who want to leverage XQuery’s rich feature set to speed up the development time of applications that integrate, query, and transform traditional relational data and XML information.
This paper addresses the following questions:
- What are the main characteristics of the products?
- What types of data can be queried and how is this accomplished?
- How well do the products comply with the XQuery standard?
- What extra features are available?
- How does one integrate the XQuery functionality into an application environment (the APIs)?
These questions are addressed by systematically analyzing the relevant standard specifications and product documentation, and by executing small isolated tests. Additionally, it is recommended you evaluate the products in your own environment. The comparison is based on DataDirect XQuery 2.0 and Oracle 10g Release 2 (R2).
To set the stage for the comparison of DataDirect XQuery and Oracle XQuery, the relevant product features are highlighted.
Detailed DataDirect XQuery information is available from the documentation and other sources on our website, XQuery.com. Detailed Oracle information is available in the Oracle documentation and accompanying technical documents.
Based on the previous background information in the section above, the following product features are compared in more detail:
- Data source support—what types of data can be queried and how easy is it to use these data sources in a typical query
- Language support—breadth of XQuery support of the two implementations
- Proprietary extensions
- Application integration